Cybermentor invites you to an important celebration… Fusion Gathering 2016!
Girls ages 11 – 18 (or Grades 6 – 12) join Cybermentor to celebrate the conclusion of an exceptional season. Enjoy a fun design and engineering activity, guest speakers, industry panel and reception lunch.
Last year participants designed and built LED jellyfish umbrellas. This year they will create umbrella storm clouds with thunder and LED rain. Participants will have the opportunity to display their engineered art creations at Beakernight 2016.
The Fusion Gathering 2016 includes:
- Opportunities for mentees and mentors to meet one another
- Beakerhead engineering+art activities and registration to present your fusion design at Beakernight 2016.
- Lunch and Networking
- Learn to solder and other new skills
- Try out some coding
- And much more!
We value your involvement, and hope to see you there!
For inquiries, please see the FAQ section below, or contact the Cybermentor Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 403-220-8283.
Four blocks of 10 Ave SW (between 14 and 18 Streets SW) will be closed to traffic for a massive outdoor gallery of art and engineering, including fire-spitting skee ball, interactive works, performances and experiences, created in partnership with dozens of local and international partners. Beakernight is free and open to everyone! Party goers, stay late! Find your true self at the crossroads of art, science and engineering.
What you’ll experience:
Other than a fire-spitting skee ball from Site 3 Fire Arts, get ready to see and experience:
- A rocket ship crane ride.
- A lit-up dance party car of BassBus and Lo Definition.
- Direct Energy‘s Innovation to Inspiration Mobile Exhibit
- Performances by Toronto theremin pop-artist Clara Venice.
- Conundrum Drums
- Art cars Hippo Love Mutant Vehicle, Tin Fish and others.
- Freak art bikes from YYC Lifecycle.
- Aerial acrobats of a dragon fly?! Yep, Festo’s Bionicopter!
- Cybermentors and their crew with their bioluminescent jellyfish umbrellas en masse
- Was that a mammouth rabbit? Or did you find yourself in Alice’s Wonderland? Intrude by Amada Parer pays a visit.
- Take a break in the Big Rock beer garden. Not a beer drinker? Welcome to Absolut Beakerhead!
How to prepare:
- Dress up – let your inner geek be creative and wear shoes for exploring, and maybe even … dancing?
- Decorate your stroller, pushbike, tricycle, scooter or bicycle
- Come in twos, threes, fours … dozens!
- Pick up a finger light on your way in and donate a few bucks to a good cause: did you know Beakerhead is a registered charity? If 1000 are sold, you’ll be part of a beautiful light night.
Do you like hands-on science challenges? Want to spend a fun-filled afternoon with other girls like you, designing and creating an amazing invention, with the help of cool female science mentors?
Cybermentor will be joining with Science Rendezvous to host a hands-on workshop for girls where they will build a cool installation to be featured at Beakerhead this September!
WHO: Any girls aged 11-18. Friends are welcome!
WHEN: Saturday, May 10th, 12:30-4:30pm
WHERE: University of Calgary
*The first 30 girls to register receive a free Science Rendezvous t-shirt!*
Contact the Cybermentor Team at email@example.com or 403-220-8283.
Can my parents come?
Parents are welcome to either stay and participate in the workshop, or leave and pick their daughter(s) up at 4:30pm. Full supervision will be provided during the workshop by trained program leaders.
Directions and Parking
Parking is available at the University of Calgary in Lots 10 and 11 ($6 single entry fee). The University of Calgary is also accessible by public transit. Detailed directions will be sent to all registered participants prior to the workshop.