Every September, Beakerhead erupts onto the streets and venues of Calgary with clever and creative works of engineered art.
Beakerhead is seeking a creative concept for public billboards and transit posters that will engage passers-by in late August and early September, while increasing awareness that Beakerhead is launching, Sept 14-18, 2016.
The proposed concept should delight and engage passengers on Calgary Transit trains as well as motorists, cyclists and pedestrians passing by outdoor billboards throughout Calgary, in the run-up to Beakerhead 2016.
One concept will be selected to be printed and placed in 18 interior train panels and 7 outdoor billboards.
- Proposals due by midnight on March 18, 2016*
- Selected artists notified by April 1, 2016
- Print-ready digital files will be delivered to designated printer by June 30, 2016
- Project unveiling will be on August 15, 2016, leading up to and during Beakerhead, September 14-18, 2016
* All concepts will be strictly confidential and will not be used in this or any other context without artist permission.